All Content in This Chapter
1. When is a log transformation valuable?
2. If the arithmetic mean of log10 transformed data were 3, what would be the geometric mean?
3. Using Tukey's ladder of transformation, transform the following data using a λ of 0.5: 9, 16, 25
4. What value of λ in Tukey's ladder decreases skew the most?
5. What value of λ in Tukey's ladder increases skew the most?
6. In the ADHD case study, transform the data in the placebo condition (D0) with λ's of .5, 0, -.5, and -1. How does the skew in each of these compare to the skew in the raw data. Which transformation leads to the least skew?
Please answer the questions: