- Describe the logic by which it can be concluded that someone can distinguish
between two things
- State whether random assignment ensures that all uncontrolled sources
of variation will be equal
- Define precisely what the probability is that is computed to reach
the conclusion that a difference is not due to chance
- Distinguish between the probability of an event and the probability
of a state of the world
- Define "null hypothesis"
- Be able to determine the null hypothesis from a description of an experiment
- Define "alternative hypothesis"